Sunday 10 February 2013

The top baby names 2012


Writing the top 100 boys' and girls' names individually in sand and photographing them was a challenge! In a good way.

And as I wrote the last name (which happened to be Mya) I felt a certain sense of achievement. However a new list has been published of the most popular baby names of 2012, so I'll soon be returning to the beach (also armed with quite a few requests).

Baby boys' names now in the top 100 which I haven't already got include Hugo, Seth and Austin. Violet, Clara and Martha are among the new girls' list that I am missing.

According to babycentre.co.uk, Harry is now the number one name, maybe due in part to Prince Harry's popularity.

I love the name Harry and I love this black and white version of one of my photographs of  Harry written in the sand, available as a canvas from www.Sand-Writing.com.

 

 

The top 10 boys's names of the moment are mainly traditional and thankfully I have written them all in sand:

1. Harry
2. Jack
3. Oliver
4. Charlie
5. James
6. George
7. Thomas
8. Ethan
9. Jacob
10. William
 
Top of the girls' names is Amelia. Many of the most popular girls' names end in a soft a sound.

Here is my colour picture of Amelia written in sand, again available as a canvas from www.Sand-Writing.com.

 

 

As with all my photographs, it was written individually on a beach in Abersoch, north Wales.

Here are the top 10 girls' names for 2012 according to babycentre.co.uk:

 
1. Amelia
2. Lily
3. Emily
4. Sophia
5. Isabelle
6. Sophie
7. Olivia
8. Jessica
9. Chloe
10. Mia


What do you think of the popular names of the moment?

Which are your favourite or do you prefer more unusual names?

Let me know and please visit my website and tell me what you think.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment